Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Covington, LA

Three for three! Check me out! We have a long break this morning so I thought that I might as well post this. I head back to Houston and my amazing husband this afternoon! I can't wait! As I've been mentioning recently, this week I went to Covington, LA for work for three days. It's not the most exciting place in the world but it's cool to get sent somewhere. It's only about an hour north of New Orleans so it's actually cool to drive the 30 mile bridge that crosses Lake Pontchartrain. Plus it still has all the great cajun food that's in New Orleans! I'm here for a training for a new software that will be rolled out in the next year. It's been a pretty interesting training and we've had a lot of good discussions. I'm glad I came because I've learned a lot.

If you remember my blog post about our New Orleans trip, you'll recall how much I loved Acme Oyster house! Well I was quite ecstatic to find out that they have a location across the street from my hotel here in Covington! I ate there twice, and I'm not ashamed! I also treated myself to an Abita Purple Haze beer. I've always liked Abita beer, but when looking up things to do in Covington I found out that the Abita brewery is very close by in Abita Springs. I was hoping to make a trip out there but their tasting room is only open during the day. Maybe I'll just have to head back here sometime!

Purple Haze is made with raspberries, hence the purple! So good!
The Chevron campus out here is really beautiful. There are tons of trees and lakes and there is a track that circles the entire campus. I decided to take a walk around the building during one of our breaks in the class. It was so relaxing. If I worked there I'd probably be out there all the time.

This is the front entrance.
This is the back where there's a pavillion.
It's a brand new facility since they moved here after Katrina.
There are at least 4 or 5 lakes on the property.
A weird thing that I noticed about Covington is that they seem to not believe in sidewalks, making it hard to go for a run. It's a really pretty area with trees everywhere, but how can you enjoy it without being able to walk around?

On my last night in Covington, I tried a new restaurant that someone mentioned was good. It was called Zea Rotisserie Grill. They brew their own beer so I had to try some! It was delicious! I ate way too much on this trip if you can't tell.

According to the label, they follow German brew making techniques from 1950 something.
It paired great with this: mediterranean hummus!
So it was an interesting trip. I always like going to new places and trying new things. Of course our next trip is going to be way more amazing: London!!! Jonathan is being sent there for work and we're going a week early for a vacation! I can't wait!!! London baby! I need to watch all the Friends episodes in London to prepare! Feel free to leave a comment with all the fun things we should do in London!

-Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note. We'd love to hear from you!