Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jonathan's 30th Birthday!

Two posts in two days?? That never happens! You know I must be slightly bored while here in Covington haha. It actually hasn't been too bad but I was hoping to make a trip to Goodwill tonight but found out at the last minute that the hotel shuttle doesn't go there. They do go to Walmart though which is actually a farther trip. Make sense? I didn't think so. Anyways, tomorrow I will be back in Houston with my husband! I'm looking forward to be home and having a long weekend!

So I need to continue catching you up with all that's been going on. Well I mentioned before that the cruise was partly a birthday thing for Jonathan. Well it wasn't just any birthday. This year he turned 30! It being Jonathan's 30th birthday, I knew I wanted to celebrate big. Unfortunately, with the cruise being the weekend after his birthday and us having a wedding before his birthday, we didn't have any time to do anything until the weekend after. (Not that we were upset for to be doing all those fun things.) I decided to plan a surprise scavenger hunt! Not only that, but I decided to make it 30 themed! Either the clue, activity, or both had 30 somewhere in it. I definitely had fun coming up with everything, and Rachel and Colleen helped me pull it off! Saturday morning I took Jonathan out to brunch. I took him to a restaurant called BRC, which has a great brunch and serves southern comfort food. Jonathan kept asking me what we were going to do all day and I wouldn't tell him anything. Meanwhile, Colleen and Rachel let our friends into our house so that when we got back home Jonathan was greeted by his surprise party! It worked like a charm!


Jonathan at brunch, clueless!
We took tons of pictures! At each location there was an activity that each team had to perform before getting the next clue. They were quite funny so I have to post some pictures!


Trying to get 30 ping pong balls out of a kleenex box taped to  their butt!



Then they had to complete a relay race while  keeping themselves on a towel!






Ok enough of the embarrassing photos! It was sooo much fun, and I have to say, I was very impressed with how well everyone did! Want to test your own Houston knowledge? Read the clues below and leave a comment with your answers!

  1. Picture of a statue of George R. Brown
  2. The second killer bee was traded to the Houston Astros on August 30, 1990. Go play some ball with him and take a picture!
  3. 30 minutes into the game, 60 to go. Grab your cleats and head to the game
  4. Did you know that Venus is just under 30 million miles from the Earth? (Approximately 25.8 million miles.) Lucky for us, we have the entire system here in Houston!
  5. These owls aren’t at the zoo. You’ll want to find a building that’s fitting for today’s celebration
  6. 30-love, don’t lose the game now. You’ll be remembered for this one
  7. Phew! That took long enough. I think I’ve aged 30 years! First one back wins!
The winners!
Second place!
Third place! Hey that's still bronze!
After the scavenger hunt, we met back at our house and watched the videos of us all making a fool of ourselves. That is, until my computer decided to completely crash for no reason. No matter, we still found plenty of games to play and hung out all day! We had a 12 hour party! I think I'd call that a success!
Of course we had to sing the 30 year old Happy Birthday.
O yea, and the winners each won a Crave cupcake!
Everyone got one of these cupcakes that I made. Everyone was happy :-)
Fluxx!

Phase 10!


As you can see, Jonathan had a great birthday! The next day we slept in, lounged around, and watched the super bowl. It was an awesome weekend!

Until next time,
- Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note. We'd love to hear from you!